Chevrolet today announced the new Tahoe Custom Midnight Edition, a rugged and stylish statement featuring a bold, black design and the superior capability customers expect from Chevy full-size SUVs, all at an outstanding value.
“The introduction of the Tahoe Custom last year was well-received by our customers who were looking for the capability of a full-size SUV with the added utility of increased rear cargo space,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director. “The Tahoe Custom Midnight takes the capability and value of the Custom trim and adds rugged, all-black features found on our popular Midnight Editions.”
Based on the LS trim, the Tahoe Custom Midnight features off-road-inspired styling cues along with an all-black Midnight appearance. Tahoe Custom Midnight offers 18-inch painted black wheels with aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires, a black grille, off-road assist steps and black bowtie emblems. The vehicle’s third-row seat was removed for additional utility, increasing cargo space behind the second row to 54 cubic feet.
Chevrolet Tahoe Custom Midnight also features a suite of connectivity technologies:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot capability (data plan required)
- 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen radio
- Standard Rear Vision Camera*
- Standard remote start
- Standard Teen Driver mode
- Available Enhanced Driver Alert Package that features Forward Collision Alert*, Safety Alert Seat* for driver, IntelliBeam headlamps with automatic high-beam control, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning* and Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking*
- Up to five USB ports and five power outlets — including a 110-volt three-prong outlet — to support electronic devices of all kinds
Starting at an MSRP of $45,995, including a $1,295 destination fee (excludes tax, title, license and dealer fees), the 2018 Tahoe Custom Midnight is equipped with 6,600 pounds of towing capacity, a maximum of 112 cubic feet of cargo space and a 355-hp, 5.3L V-8 engine that offers an EPA-estimated 23 mpg highway.
“Chevrolet has continually invested in our full-size SUV portfolio, providing a variety of options for customers to choose a vehicle to fit their personal style without compromising capability or performance,” said Piszar. “This investment provides full-size SUV customers with more options than any other brand, and has fortified Chevy’s leadership in the full-size SUV segment.”
Chevrolet has been the best-selling full-size SUV brand for 43 consecutive years. Today, Tahoe and Suburban combined account for nearly one of every two retail sales in the segment. Tahoe and Suburban customers are also some of the most loyal owners in the segment, with 76 percent of owners replacing their full-size SUV with another Tahoe or Suburban.
The Tahoe Custom Midnight will be available at Chevy dealers in spring 2018.