Delivering quicker acceleration, sharper cornering and a more emotional driving experience than any road-going NSX ever, the new 600 horsepower 2022 NSX Type S raises the already impressive performance of the cutting-edge electrified supercar. Making its global debut today during the world-famous Monterey Car Week, NSX Type S is the ultimate expression of the brand’s commitment to Precision Crafted Performance and firmly establishes Type S as Acura’s performance halo.
In celebration of the final year of second generation NSX production, every 2022 Acura NSX produced at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio will be a Type S model. Just 350 of the limited run supercar will be built for global distribution, with 300 units destined for U.S. customers, marking the first time an NSX Type S has been sold outside of Japan. NSX Type S is available now for customer orders at Acura.com/NSX-Type-S.
“NSX is an incredible success story for Acura, leading the reestablishment of Acura as a performance brand and setting the stage for the return of Type S. We’re a company of enthusiast, and we’re already investigating what the next generation of sports cars should be in the coming electrified era.” – Jon Ikeda, Vice President and Acura Brand Officer
Instantly recognizable by its distinctive and more aggressive front and rear styling, NSX Type S also features unique 5-spoke wheels, stickier Pirelli P-Zero tires, retuned Adaptive Damper System, Type S decals, a standard carbon fiber roof and available Gotham Gray matte paint. Under its available carbon fiber engine cover is Acura’s most powerful production drivetrain ever: an updated version of the supercar’s twin-turbocharged V6 and three-motor hybrid system that produces 600-horsepower and 492 lb.-ft. of torque.
The supercar’s 9-speed DCT and revolutionary torque-vectoring Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) are retuned to maximize performance. An available Lightweight Package includes Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Carbon Fiber Engine Cover and Carbon Fiber interior package, reducing total curb weight by nearly 58 lbs.
2022 Acura NSX Type S Highlights:
- Limited production of only 350 units, with 300 for U.S. market
- Most powerful and quickest road-going Acura ever with 600 hp (+27) and 492 lb.-ft. of torque (+16)
- Laps Suzuka Circuit in Japan 2-seconds faster than the 2021 NSX
- Powertrain upgrades include turbochargers shared with the NSX GT3 Evo race car, a 6 percent increase in boost pressure, 20 percent greater battery capacity and 10 percent higher battery output
- Retuned 9-speed DCT features 50 percent faster upshift response and new Rapid Downshift Mode
- Revolutionary torque-vectoring Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® retuned to maximize performance
- New split 5-spoke wheels increase track front (+0.4-in.) and rear (+0.8-in.)
- New Pirelli P-Zero specifically developed for NSX Type S utilizing advanced modeling technology (includes “H0” designation on sidewall)
- New exterior design and aerodynamics for increased engine cooling
- Enhanced aerodynamics includes aggressive carbon fiber NSX GT3–inspired rear diffuser
- Standard Carbon Fiber roof lowers center of gravity for improved handling
- Available Lightweight Package includes carbon ceramic brakes in one of four colors, carbon engine cover, carbon interior trim, reduces total curb weight by approximately 57.8 lbs. (26.2 kg)
- New Gotham Gray matte metallic paint presents an even more sinister appearance for the NSX Type S and is limited to just 70 of the 350 production total globally
- NSX Type S cockpit enhanced with Alcantara® headliner, embroidered Type S logo on the glove compartment, embossed NSX logo on the headrests, and contrast stitching