For enthusiasts looking for digital entertainment during this time, the Petersen Automotive Museum will stream Vault tours for free during its temporary closure. Led by Collection Manager Dana Williamson, the hour-long digital tour will provide rare access to never-before-seen vehicles from the Vault presented by Hagerty®. Each live stream session is themed. The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 2 p.m. PST – Hollywood Themed
- Friday, March 27, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Performance Themed
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Full Tour
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 2 p.m. PST – Presidential Themed
- Friday, April 3, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Pre-War Themed
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Full Vault Tour
Admission to view online Vault tours will be by suggested donation. Donations allow the museum to continue to maintain its collection and support staff and digital programs during its closure.
“Free Vault tours offer enthusiasts around the world an opportunity to enjoy our collection from the comfort of home,” said Petersen Executive Director Terry L. Karges. “These are tough times, but we are happy to give back to the community and fellow enthusiasts by providing a source of entertainment and education.”
In addition to the paid tour, the Petersen is also offering free online educational programming for students during the closure. To purchase a digital Vault tour or learn more about the museum’s free online educational programming, please visit www.petersen.org/online-education.