Mecum Auctions returned to the Portland Expo Center this past weekend for its third annual collector-car auction in the City of Roses. Overall sales totals for the two-day auction reached $8.6 million as 296 vehicles successfully hammered sold.
Large crowds of buyers, sellers and spectators filled the Expo Center both Friday and Saturday making for a high-energy event and strong individual sales. Collector-car sales in Portland were topped by a Mark IV Red 2005 Ford GT (Lot S90) with just 2,741 miles that brought $214,500, followed by a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS Pro Touring (Lot S102) that sold for $176,000. Other top sellers included a 2013 Bentley Continental GTC (Lot S78.1) that brought $159,500 and a 5-speed diesel-engine 1984 Land Rover Defender 110 (Lot S133) that sold for $121,000.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Portland 2018 auction include:
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S90) at $214,500
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS Pro Touring (Lot S102) at $176,000
- 2013 Bentley Continental GTC (Lot S78.1) at $159,500
- 1984 Land Rover Defender 110 (Lot S133) at $121,000
- 1950 Chevrolet COE Flatbed (Lot S104) at $104,500
- 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S115) at $93,500
- 1972 DeTomaso Pantera (Lot S129) at $88,000
- 1965 Cobra Replica (Lot S24) at $83,600
- 1970 Plymouth Cuda (Lot S80) at $82,500
- 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Resto Mod (Lot S55.1) at $82,500
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next auction will be the offering of a sprawling 14-acre mountaintop estate on July 19 in Fallbrook, California. The auction house’s next collector-car offering will be held this Aug. 2-4 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and will feature a 1,000-vehicle lineup, followed by The Daytime Auction this Aug. 23-25 in Monterey, California, featuring 600 classic, collector and exotic cars. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com, or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.