Mecum Auctions has been expanding upon its sturdy foundation built from decades of achievement with its most successful year to date, and the Las Vegas 2022 collector car auction kept the momentum going strong with another record total attained. Total sales in Las Vegas reached $27.5 million, exceeding the 2021 event total by $5.2 million and eclipsing the previous Las Vegas high water mark by more than $2.3 million.
Leading the more than 796 vehicles offered at the auction with a selling price of $462,000 was a 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Black Series (Lot S111.1) with a Bi-Turbo 4.0L/720 HP engine and just 197 miles on the clock. A one-of-343 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot S89.1) came in as the auction’s second-highest seller at $434,500, and a 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S121.1) became the auction’s third-highest seller with a $418,000 final selling price. Other top sales in Las Vegas included two 2022 models: a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye ExoMod C68 Carbon (Lot S122.1) that sold for $324,500 and a McLaren 720S Spider (Lot S170.1) that brought $294,250, as well as a car once owned by the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Elvis Presley: a 1971 Stutz Blackhawk (Lot S103) that demanded $297,000.
Vehicles From the Triple B Collection were well received in Las Vegas with 10 hammering sold for a total of $343,750, and The Greg Farley Collection also did well with 15 vehicles hammering sold bringing an aggregate $754,600.
The complete top 10 collector car sales at the Las Vegas 2022 auction include:
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Black Series (Lot S111.1) at $462,000
- 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot S89.1) at $434,500
- 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S121.1) at $418,000
- 2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye ExoMod C68 Carbon (Lot S122.1) at $324,500
- 1971 Stutz Blackhawk (Lot S103) at $297,000
- 2022 McLaren 720S Spider (Lot S170.1) at $294,250
- 1939 GMC Custom Fire Truck (Lot S175) at $280,500
- 1967 Ford Mustang Custom (Lot S119) at $266,750
- 1954 Buick Century Custom (Lot S124) at $247,500
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Coupe (Lot F167) at $242,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for a free MyMecum account at Mecum.com. Next up for Mecum is the annual Kansas City, Missouri, auction slated for Dec. 1-3, followed by the World’s Largest Collector Car Auction® in Kissimmee, Florida, Jan. 4-15 featuring an anticipated 4,000 classic and collector cars. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com, or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.