Mecum Auctions has spent the vast majority of 2022 breaking and setting new auction records with unprecedented success beginning with the highest grossing collector car auction ever held in Kissimmee, Florida, this past January. The company’s most recent auction in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, held July 27-30, followed the year’s record-setting trend with a total of $40 million in overall sales for a nearly 30% increase over the 2019 Harrisburg record of $31 million. With massive and enthusiastic crowds present for all four days of the auction event, a total of 863 vehicles hammered sold for an outstanding 81% sell-through rate.
Sales in Harrisburg were topped by a 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Black Series (Lot S168.1) that sold for $473,000, followed closely by a 1985 Lamborghini Countach LP5000S (Lot S130.1) that brought $467,500. While a 14-mile 1977 Pontiac Trans Am SE (Lot S132.1) came in as the auction’s third highest seller with a $440,000 sale price, the top 10 sellers list was dominated by Corvettes, which took up six of the top-seller slots in total.
Leading the string of high-selling Corvettes was a 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster (Lot S105.1) that achieved a $407,000 selling price, followed by two convertibles (Lot S155 and S103.1) from model years 1967 and 1958, two 2019 ZR1 coupes (Lot S200 and F122.1) and a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S57). Rounding out the top 10 sellers in Harrisburg was a 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible (Lot S163.1) that brought $236,500.
The complete top 10 collector car sales at the Mecum Harrisburg 2022 auction include:
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Black Series (Lot S168.1) at $473,000
- 1985 Lamborghini Countach LP5000S (Lot S130.1) at $467,500
- 1977 Pontiac Trans Am SE (Lot S132.1) at $440,000
- 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster (Lot S105.1) at $407,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S155) at $297,000
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Coupe (Lot S200) at $286,000
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S103.1) at $275,000
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Coupe (Lot F122.1) at $258,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S57) at $253,000
- 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible (Lot S163.1) at $236,500
For access to complete auction results, sign up for a free MyMecum account at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next live auction event will be held during Monterey Car Week in Monterey, California, Aug. 18-20 and will feature 600 classic and collector cars at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course. Headlining vehicles include a collection of prototype Ferraris, a 2022 McLaren Elva Roadster, a 2014 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse Jean-Pierre Wimille Legend Edition, a 1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition, a 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 previously owned by Paul Walker and a vast array of others. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com, or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.