Hennessey Special Vehicles has begun building the first Venom F5, which has an all-new, light-weight carbon fiber tub. The first prototype is scheduled to begin testing later this year.
The Venom F5 prototype progress includes:
• All new carbon fiber chassis designed and engineered by Delta Motorsport based in Silverstone, England.
• Carbon fiber tub structure is designed to be able to operate as an open top roadster as well as hard top coupe.
• Additionally, Hennessey will consider offering a Roadster option after coupe deliveries begin in early 2020.
• If Venom F5 Roadster did go into production it would not happen until 2021 or later as the company is committed to building coupes through 2020.
• Only 24 Venom F5 coupes will be offered. If a Roadster variant is offered, they would be in addition to the 24 F5 hardtop coupes and would also be more expensive than the current base price of $1.6 million.