BMW of North America announced today the establishment of a new BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The newly-constructed venue will host an array of driving classes taught by BMW certified drivers and include vehicle displays, training areas, meeting spaces, a rooftop lounge and hospitality area. The establishment of a lasting BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway follows last summer’s successful pilot program and becomes BMW’s third performance driving venue in the U.S., in addition to the BMW Performance Centers in Spartanburg, SC and Thermal, CA. The BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway will celebrate its grand opening in the summer of 2022.
“The new BMW M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway extends not only our valued partnership with one of the most iconic motor sports venues in the world, but also allows us to formally expand our experiential and instructional classes to a totally new region in the U.S. market,” said Uwe Dreher, vice president of marketing, BMW of North America. “The thrilling performance of a BMW M vehicle is best experienced from the driver’s seat – an experience made even better at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.”
BMW M Driving Experience Center at IMS
Designed by Rowland Design, the BMW M Driving Experience Center at IMS will sit on 1.5 acres of land, including visitor parking. There will be over 14,000 sq. ft. of usable space, and completion is set for early in the second quarter of 2022. The Center’s first floor will include a BMW M vehicle and product area to showcase the latest BMW M vehicles, office space, meeting space and training space. The second floor will hold an open-air rooftop space complemented by an 1,800 sq. ft. enclosed hospitality and lounge area with desirable viewpoints near Turns 3 and 4 for spectating and other events.
M Driving Experience Programs
The BMW M Driving Experience at IMS will provide owners and enthusiasts with professional instruction directly on one of the world’s most famous racetracks. A number of high performance driving programs designed to hone their skills and challenge their abilities under the guidance of experienced instructors will be available, such as:
- M Track Experience – BMW’s M Track Experience, well known from the brand’s Performance Centers in Thermal, CA and Spartanburg, SC, comes to the Midwest at IMS. An instructional experience that familiarizes participants with track driving.
- M Track Days – A robust track driving experience taught by BMW Performance Driving School instructors, teaching participants how to bring BMW M vehicles to the absolute limit.
- M4 GT4 Experience – An immersive, full-day experience centered around the BMW M4 GT4 racecar, complete with classroom and real-world track instruction.
- Test Drive Experiences – A variety of BMW and BMW M vehicles will be available for test drive sessions daily during activation windows.
- Test drives will include both M performance driving and xDrive off-road challenges in BMW’s X Series Sports Activity Vehicles.
Interested customers may visit https://bmwperformancecenter.com/ closer to the summer 2022 opening of the BMW M Driving Experience Center at IMS for specific dates of availability for aforementioned track experiences.