The expanding DS 7 CROSSBACK range, which has been on sale since beginning 2018, is venturing into new territory with the innovative DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4 model. For the first time, a Premium C SUV has been able to offer customers a versatile product with many drive modes driven by three motors (one ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) and two electric motors), to best combine the energy provided by petrol and electricity, rechargeable from a mains power supply or through deceleration regeneration.
DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4: Powerful and Smart
The powertrain combines a 200hp (147kW) petrol engine and is accompanied by two 109hp (80kW) electric engines and the new eight-speed automatic gearbox. These offer a combined maximum deployment power of 300hp with torque of 450Nm, and drive to all four wheels.
DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4 can cover a distance of 50 kilometres/31 miles in ZEV (all-electric mode) driving mode (WLTP cycle, corresponding to 60 kilometres/37 miles in NEDC) due to its 13.2kWh battery capacity. This range is suitable for daily journey distance from home to work, on the city or on highway, up to a speed of 135kph/83mph. When the battery level is low or for optimum traction, the petrol engine supplements the power required.
Several modes are available:
- Zero emission is the default mode. The vehicle is always started using the electric motors, for driving comfort, silent running and zero emissions.
- Sport mode, which optimises power and driving pleasure.
- Hybrid mode, which manage automatically performance and fuel consumption. Emissions are minimised and declared to be under 50 grams per kilometre.
- 4WD, four-wheel drive, for optimum traction in all road conditions.
Using the expertise acquired through Formula E, DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4 is regenerated whenever the driver decelerates or uses the brakes (‘BRAKE’ function) to extend the range. Another function, ‘E-SAVE’, also allows the driver to save enough energy to drive in all-electric mode for the last 10 or 20 kilometres / 6 or 12 miles of a journey.
The map on the high-definition touchscreen shows to the driver in real time the distance, which can be driven in Zero emission mode or where the charging stations available nearby.
DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4’s battery can be charged in 2h using a wall-mounted terminal (32A) and with a 6.6 kW charger or in 8 hours with a traditional socket.
DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4 offer the same spaciousness and a maximum boot space as the conventional ICE model, due to the batteries fitted underneath the floor.
The charismatic design is enhance by the 19″ wheels and with the new body colour: Crystal Grey.
Attention to detail can be seen throughout with the ‘E’ embossed on the gearbox control is a nod to the DS E-TENSE electric Concept Car.
And DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4 inaugurates the Inspiration DS RIVOLI, Pearl Grey.
- DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4×4 is the first Premium C SUV to use rechargeable hybrid technology.
- Its PureTech petrol engine and two electric motors are able to deliver a potential combined 300hp and 450Nm of torque to all four wheels for versatile performance.
- The 13.2kWh battery permits a potential 50 kilometre /31 miles all-electric range according (to WLTP testing standards).