Carroll Shelby 1983 De Tomaso Pantera GTS
Photo Gallery (click images to enlarge)
- CARROLL SHELBY WAS THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER
- ORIGINALLY GIFTED TO SHELBY BY DE TOMASO
- RECENTLY RELEASED FROM CARROLL SHELBY’S PERSONAL COLLECTION
- SPECTACULAR CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL INTERIOR AND LARGELY ORIGINAL PAINT
- ONLY 4,571 ACTUAL MILES (7,356 KM)
- RARE AND DESIRABLE DE TOMASO PANTERA GTS
- ONE OF APPROXIMATELY 138 BROUGHT TO THE U.S.
- NUMBERS MATCHING 351CI CLEVELAND V8 ENGINE
- REPUTEDLY THE LAST FACTORY RED NARROW BODY GTS BUILT!
- STUNNING COLOR COMBINATION
- EXCELLENT DOCUMENTATION INCLUDES INSURANCE CARD, COPY OF THE 1985 EPA COMPLIANCE TEST, SHELBY VEHICLE AUTHENTICITY CERTIFICATE AND MORE!
- RECENTLY SERVICED
- PERFORMS WONDERFULLY
- THE BEST DE TOMASO PANTERA THAT CAN BE FOUND ON THE MARKET TODAY!
- ARGUABLY THE BEST EXAMPLE IN EXISTENCE!
- A COLLECTOR’S DREAM!
- AIR CONDITIONING
- LEATHER INTERIOR
- POWER WINDOWS
- POWER BRAKES
- MOMO STEERING WHEEL
- 15” CAMPAGNOLO ALLOY WHEELS
- VEGLIA INSTRUMENTATION
The 1983 De Tomaso Pantera GTS featured here is finished in stunning red over a wonderfully original tan leather interior. This particular example is a rare and desirable GTS model that was not sold new in the United States. It was imported to the U.S. by AmeriSport Inc. and gifted to Carroll Shelby by De Tomaso to encourage him to spearhead bringing the Pantera back to the U.S. market. Though Carroll Shelby passed away in 2012, the Pantera remained in his personal collection until 2018. Today it presents in highly original condition and only has 7,356 km (the equivalent of 4,571 miles) on the odometer. Its highly original condition, low mileage and ultimate ownership provenance make this De Tomaso simply the best example that can be found on the market today! We are proud to offer it to the most astute collector, investor or enthusiast who appreciates low mileage and excellent condition.
Ready to make an investment that you can actually enjoy? Classic cars have proven to be among the most resilient and rewarding investments in recent years with the Historic Automobile Group Index (HAGI) jumping 39% in 2013, 16% in 2014 and 17% in 2015 while posting gains of 467% over the last 10 years. Please contact one of our expert sales consultants for more information. They will be happy to give you a complete walk-around, supply you with a more detailed description and answer any questions you may have. Buy with confidence.