1998 Minardi M198 Chassis 01
View Full Gallery
Minardi M198 Chassis 01 was the first car produced in 1998 by Minardi Team SPa.
£425,000 to include a significant package of spares, please see below.
I have a walk around video available, please ask.
It stayed with the team until 2001 and performed PR car duties in 1999 (hence being in M01 livery). It was then purchased by a film company from the Minardi Auction when Paul Stoddart sold off a lot of the cars and was used as a static display item and film prop for a few years whilst living in their reception as a motorsport centre piece.
In 2011 Graham North purchased the car from them and employed TDF to rebuild it to run alongside his Williams FW17. TDF agreed with Gian Carlo Minardi (the original owner of the Minardi team) to purchase all of the spares and equipment that Gian Carlo still had from his years running the team (hence the hugely extensive spares package, please ask for a full list).
TDF rebuilt the car over a period of 18 months which involved a strip down to a bare tub and inspection of every component with many lifed parts made new (e.g. fuel cell, belts etc. etc.).
The engine was rebuilt by Dick Langford at LPE and incorporates all the JD upgrades the Minardi X2/2 Seater Program JD engines have benefitted from. The JD engine program is still live today so there is no issue with engine spares or parts.
It ran at the Chicago F1 Festival and Spa GP with great results. TDF also undertook all the suspension work required to run modern Pirelli tyres on the car, performed full crack tests, had ATL relife the fuel cell and various other service work.
The car is exactly as it left Minardi with original STEP6 electronics, hydraulics, air system etc. etc. and includes enough spares to essentially run the car forever. Alessandro Mazzali assisted with the recommisioning of the electronics as he was Minardis electronics engineer back when the car was new. Hence there are all the CFG files etc. for the car.
Brief spec is:
– All suspension components and uprights crack tested with 12 month certification
– Clutch inspected, shimmed and rebuilt, currently on second shim/15% worn.
– Drive shafts and Pankl joints inspected and regreased.
– Engine inspected, AVS test performed and filters replaced. Engine has always been run to a 14,500RPM limit at which LPE advise a 1000KM life – it is currently at 112KM run.
– Dampers rebuilt
– Gearbox stripped and inspected, 6th gear dog, hub and ratio replaced as this was always a “weak point” accordingly to Gian Carlo. The ones that came out crack tested fine.
– Moog valves bias checked.
– Radiators pressure tested and ultrasonically cleaned.
– Wiggins fittings o-rings replaced.
– Brake caliper and master cylinders serviced with new seals.
The car currently has Sabelt belts (as were original) but these are 12 months out of date and as Sabelt do not make these harnesses any more it is not possible to replace with identical harnesses. We have had TRS draw up the harnesses so a homologated FIA certified replacement is included. The fuel cell currently has 11 months of life remaining – the fuel cell is on file at ATL so easily replaced.
For the car’s 1998 race history please view the final image.
Please call Mike Walters on +44 (0) 7970 736644
or email email@example.com
This list is not definitive – there are various other small items and associated parts which are not listed below, however the below lists the bulk of important and relevant spares included with the purchase of chassis 01.
– 1 SET OF WHEELS WITH SLICKS REFURBISHED ON THE CAR (PIRELLI HARD COMPOUND)
– 1 SET OF WHEELS WITH WETS NEW REFURBISHED (AVON WET COMPOUND, HAPPY TO SUPPLY PIRELLI IN PLACE)
– 1 SET OF TYRE WARMERS (ORIGINAL SPARCO WARMERS AS RUN IN 98 SEASON, REFURBISHED) – LOTS OF ASSORTED BODYWORK (INCLUDING SIDE PODS, ENGINE COVERS, CLOSING PANELS ETC. ETC.)
– ASSORTED GEAR RATIOS AND DOG RINGS (TOO MANY TO LIST BUT ABSOLUTELY EXTENSIVE SELECTION)
– 1 COMPLETE ENGINE COVER AND FLOOR ASSEMBLY
– 1 SET OF EXHAUSTS, PAIR
– 1 FRONT NOSE AND WING ASSEMBLY
– 1 HEADREST ASSEMBLY
– 1 REAR WING ASSEMBLY
– 1 FRONT WING FLAP
– 1 FRONT WING MAIN PLATE
– 1 REAR WING PLANE
– 1 REAR WING BI PLANE
– 1 PAIR FRONT WING END PLATES
– 1 PAIR FRONT WING FLAPS
– 1 PAIR OF REAR WING END PLATES
– QUANTITY OF COSWORTH V10 OIL FILTERS
– 1 BELL HOUSING ASSEMBLY INCLUDING HYDRAULIC PACK SECTION, HYDRAULIC ACCUMULATOR AND THROTTLE ACTUATOR
– SELECTION OF MOOG VALVES, HYDRAULICS SENSORS, ACCUMULATOR DIAPHRAMS, PUMP OUTLET BODIES ETC. ETC.
– 2 GEARBOXES, COMPLETE WITH ALL REQURIED PARTS TO BUILD. HAPPY TO BUILD UP TO COMPLETE SPEC IF REQUIRED, JUST ADVISE ON REQUIRED RATIOS.
– COMPLETE SET OF GEARBOX TOOLING INCLUDING SET RIGS, BEARING TOOLS, PRESS TOOLS, SETUP TOOLS ETC. ETC.
– 2 STEERING RACKS
– 4 BRAKE CALLIPERS (CAR SET)
– 8 SUSPENSION DAMPERS (2 x COMPLETE CAR SETS)
– 1 COMPREHENSIVE COLLECTION OF GEARBOX INTERNALS INCLUDING SHIFT FORKS, BEARINGS, BARREL AND SMALL PARTS)
– 1 CAR SET OF UPRIGHTS
– 16 DRIVE SHAFTS, SOME USED BUT ALL IN LIFE
– MANY SETS OF PANKLE TRILOBES IN NEW AND USED CONDITION
– COMPLETE SET OF CAR ELECTRICAL LOOMS INCLUDING CHASSIS, GEARBOX, HYDRAULICS AND DASH.
– 1 BOX OF ASSORTED COMS CABLES & CABLE LOOMS
– 1 BOX OF MIXED NUTS & BOLTS (K-NUTS, NAS BOLTS AND MINARDI SPECIFIC FASTENERS)
– MULTIPLE SPARE WISHBONES, PUSH RODS AND ASSOCIATED SUSPENSION PARTS.
– 1 SHEET OF ORIGINAL DASH STICKERS
– 7 RADIATORS (COMPRISING COMPLETE SET OF WATER AND OIL COOLERS TWICE OVER)
– 6 HYDRAULIC COOLERS (PRESSURE TESTED AND CLEANED)
– 1 BOX OF STEERING PARTS
– 1 BOX OF WING & END PLATES
– 4 RIS/CRASH STRUCTURES
– 4 CARBON FIBRE DASH SURROUNDS
– 2 SCREEN BLADES
– 4 LOW PRESSURE IN TANK FUEL PUMPS
– 1 HIGH PRESSURE IN TANK FUEL PUMP
– 2 FUEL CELL WIRING LOOMS
– 4 SETS OF WHEELS NO TYRES
– 1 SET OF WHEELS WITH THE ORIGINAL BRIDGESTONE TYRES
– COMPLETE SET OF ORIGINAL MINARDI ELECTRICAL AND SENSOR PACK DOCUMENTATION INCLUDING PARTS SUPPLIERS AND SPECIFICATIONS.
– COMPLETE SET OF ORIGINAL MINARDI LOOM DRAWINGS.
– 3 MARELLI ALTERNATOR REGULATORS/POWER CONTROL BOXES
– 3 MARELLI SWITCH GEAR CAN INTERFACES
– 3 MARELLI TC-CAN BOXES
– 3 MARELLI LVDT-CAN BOXES
– 1 STEP 6 MARELLI ECU PROGRAMMED AS SPARE WITH CURRENT CAR CODE ETC. AND FRESH BATTERY
– 1 SPARE STEP 6 MARELLI ECU
– 1 MARELLI STEP 6 BENCH LOOM AND PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
– VARIOUS CHASSIS, GEARBOX AND ENGINE SENSORS – ESSENTIALLY A COMPLETE CAR SET.
– 1 SPARE CAR BATTERY
– STARTING EQUIPMENT INCLUDING LAPTOPS, JUMP BATTERY, COMMS CABLES, REMOTE THROTTLE/JOYSTICK, COMMS INTERFACES, NEW ARC STARTER MOTOR ASSEMBLY, ORIGINAL MINARDI AIR STARTER, WATER HEATER, AVS FILL RIG, OFF BOARD HYDRAULICS PACK, FRONT AND REAR JACKS, WHEEL NUT SOCKET ETC. ETC.
– MULTIPLE WHEEL NUTS
– COMPLETE SET OF CLUTCH SHIMS AND CLUTCH SPARES
– 1 COMPLETE SET OF SPARE BRAKES BUILT UP ON BELLS WITH NEW FASTENERS AND ASSOCIATED.
– SOFTWARE INCLUDING VISION WITH CFGS AND CALIBRATIONS
– 1 BOX OF STEERING WHEEL SPARES INCLUDING PADDLES, SHIFT LIGHT PCBS, INTERNAL WIRING LOOMS ETC.
– AN ABSOLUTELY HUGE AMOUNT OF MACHINED SMALL PARTS SUCH AS SHIMS, SPACERS, SPECIFIC FASTENERS, HYDRAULICS PARTS, BEARINGS, MOUNTINGS, CARBON PARTS ETC. ETC. (40+ TRAYS/BOXES)
This spares package was assembled to enable the car to be run essentially forever.
If you require further information on a specific part above or the above does not specify a component you feel should be on this list please contact us for more information, it is highly likely it is included.